We don’t have time to scour every Mill Road event in order to publish it here. But here’s where anybody holding any event in or around Mill Road can add their event in the comments section. And don’t forget to include a link to your own website.
A MILL ROAD HISTORY SOCIETY event
Tuesday 12 November, 7:30pm – 9pmRoss St Community Centre, CB1 3UZ
Mill Road Winter Fair is an annual event, on the first Saturday of December, so this year it’s on Saturday 7th December 2019. Click on the Mill Road Winter Fair logo above to go the their website, and a gallery of photos from previous years. Mill Road is closed to all motor traffic from its junction with East Road to the Coleridge Road junction, during the fair. Stagecoach’s citi2 service diverts via East Road, Newmarket Road, Coldhams Lane and Brooks Road.
Mill Road Winter Fair is brought to you by a small team of Cambridge residents who work together throughout the year to organise the Fair.
Click here to find out more about what happens at the Fair.
Click here to volunteer.
What counts as an ‘event’?
Here are a few examples…
- A public meeting about the issues of Mill Road, or new housing developments, or the volume of traffic, or parking or cycle/pedestrian safety, in and around Mill Road.
- A local Residents’ Association meeting.
- A music gig (free or paid entry) at a local pub, café, church-hall or other venue, in and around Mill Road.
- Open mic music or poetry nights, in and around Mill Road.
- Quiz nights, in and around Mill Road.
- Charity fundraising events, in and around Mill Road.
- Charitable sporting events, in and around Mill Road.
- Children’s activities, in and around Mill Road.
- Clothes-Swap events, in and around Mill Road (like the one in early November at The Edge Café).
- An open day at a mosque, church, chapel, temple or non-religious venue to reach out to the community, in and around Mill Road.
And what doesn’t count as an ‘event’?
- Buy-one-get-one-at-a-special-price in our shop.
- Special meal nights in our pub/café/restaurant.
- Football/rugby/cricket/whatever on our large-screen in our pub.
We’re sure you get the picture.