Keep Mill Road Tidy
To support this year’s campaign in Cambridge, the City Council will be inviting groups and individuals to get involved and help clear up litter from their local streets, parks and open spaces. The council will be providing litter pickers, hi-vis vests, gloves, and rubbish bags for all those who want to do their bit.
The council will also be leading a programme of organised clean up events throughout the city, over the two-week campaign period, working with community groups and individual volunteers.
Organised local clean up events in the Mill Road area are:
- Sunday 20 September, Mill Road Cemetery – meeting at the Mill Road entrance
- Tuesday 22 September, Parker’s Piece – meeting at Hobbs Pavilion
- Saturday 26 September, Romsey Recreation Ground – meeting at Vinery Road entrance
All events will start at 11am and run until 12 noon.
Volunteers will be asked to separate the litter they pick into two bags: one for recycling and another for the rest of the rubbish. The City Council will then collect these bags to ensure that they are recycled appropriately.
If you want to get involved in any of the above events or to organise your own – either as part of the Great British September Clean campaign or at any other time of the year – please use this link to email the Cambridge City Council’s Streets and Open Spaces Community Engagement Team, phone 01223 458084 or visit the Cambridge City Council Volunteer litter picking webpage for more information.
In line with the Government’s Covid-19 safety guidelines, the number of individuals/households that can attend these events will be limited, social distancing will be observed and enhanced personal protective equipment and cleansing will be observed at organised events.
To find out more about how to report litter and what action the council can take see the City Council’s Request a litter pick webpage.
Related items from Cambridge City Council…
- Report flytipping including asbestos
- Expensive fly-tipping clearance prompts launch of fly-tipping campaign
- Fines of £400 for irresponsible householders introduced in Cambridge
- Cambridge man ordered to pay £1003 for multiple fly tips in the city